Sunday, January 10, 2010

Learning Inkscape


Hi everyone!

Well as some of you may know I love my Cricut! Several months ago I purchased the Cricut Design Studio and Sure Cuts a Lot (SCAL). There are so many people out there that make totally awesome designs and files for both software programs. I became somewhat jealous that I didn't know how to create the files that can be cut in SCAL so for the last couple of weeks I have been busy learning Inkscape. Inkscape is a program that allows you to creat svg files that then can be imported into SCAL. After the files are in SCAL you can cut them with your Cricut. So for those who are interested, Penny Duncan has some great video tutorials on Inkscape. You can find them HERE. Here is an example of a card that I created using Inkscape and adding a file created by Paulo. There are a couple of mistakes but I'm pleased with it overall. Visit Paulo's blog HERE. Thanks Penny and Paulo.

2 comments:

Pam said...

I think I have the comments working

prob21 said...

wow...thats great Pam.
Then firts of all I send you my congratulations...what a gorgeous card you made. Love it.
Besides that I'm so honored for having one of mt blod's cut files chosen by you. My files are just my 2 cents...so I'm glad to see talented people like you using them on a such creative way.
Thank you again for recommending my blog.
Pls keep the results of your artistic talent coming...we love to see them.
kindly,
paulo
http://scale-files.blogspot.com/